Villa Griya Atma ("The Abode of the Soul" in Sanskrit), located in the friendly village of Tengkulak Kelod, near Ubud. Overlooking a landscape of rice fields and forest, you will find calm and relaxation, while you are only a short drive away from the cultural and artistic experience of Ubud and nearby villages.
Griya Atma is a four bedroom villa. The name Griya Atma means "Abode of the Soul". The villa is designed as a modern interpretation of Balinese traditional living, each room on ground floor opens on a wide patio.
The Master bedroom faces the rice fields and the infinity swimming pool. It has en-suite bathroom with bathtub and an outdoor shower. It also has a indoor daybed. Two other bedrooms on ground floor face the swimming pool. Both have indoor and outdoor bathroom with showers. The fourth bedroom, on second floor faces other rice fields. It is also a study and has its own lounge with sofa and TV. It has en-suite bathroom with indoor shower.
All rooms have air conditioning and fan.
The kitchen is used for final preparation of the dishes before serving. It has a refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a water dispenser.
The swimming pool is tiled with natural stones coming from Java. The Bale Bengong is a place where you can relax or get a traditional massage.
The garden faces more than 1 km uninterrupted rice fields, with a small temple on the right side.
The Villa has been designed, built and is managed with the single purpose of your enjoying a wonderful and trouble free stay. The villas' staff consists of 11 : 1 cook, 6 waiters and room attendants, 1 pool attendant and maintenance man, 1 gardener, 2 night watchmen. The villa manager will welcome you upon arrival. She will visit you during your stay to check whether everything goes fine. You also call on her in case of a difficulty or to arrange activities.
The villas are fitted with modern facilities, telephone connection to all rooms as well as to kitchens, the office and security post, wired and wireless broadband internet and cable TV.
The Bale Bengong (one in each villa) are used for giving massages, thanks to an agreement with one group of traditional massage ladies.
We can also organize, courtesy of an agreement with the local village dance school, a show of traditional Balinese dances in the villa itself. English and French speaking guide can be arranged upon request.
Depart from Denpasar, Ngurah Rai airport:
1. Get out of the airport via Jalan Airport Ngurah Rai - continue for 2 km
2. Turn left on Jalan I Gusti Ngurah Rai - continue for 2,8 km
3. At the roundabout, take 3rd exit on Jalan Ngurah Rai By Pass - continue for 15,1 km
4. Turn slightly left to remain on Jalan Ngurah Rai By Pass - continue for 1,2 km
5. Turn right on Jalan Wage Rudolf Supratman - continue for 1,2 km
6. Turn left on Jalan Batu Bulan - continue for 3,2 km
7. Turn right on Jalan Raya Celuk - continue for 3,4 km
8. Continue on Jalan Sukawati - continue for 2,9 km
9. Turn right on Jalan Raya Sakah - continue for 3,4 km
10. At the traffic light, turn left on Jalan Raya Goa Gajah 1 - continue for 3,6 km
11. Turn right on Jalan Bhanuswari - continue for 0,1 km
Arrival on Jalan Bhanuswari, Tengkulak Kelod
Total : 39,0 km - about 50 minutes
# 2011 High/ Peak Season
* July and August 2011
* From 18th December 2011 to 3rd January 2012
# Discount available for bookings of 8 days or more
* -5% on above fees for 8 or 9 days,
* -10% on above fees for bookings of 10 days or more,
* Laundry (in house)
* Broadband Internet Access
* Car with driver (10 hours / day, 1 car per villa)